Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cocktail Party Month: Dressing for Hosting

There's one last bit of 1950s cocktail party wear that I couldn't resist! The hostess apron! There are gobs of cute vintage aprons that are obviously not ment to actually protect clothes from cooking messes. But they are super cute over a vintage dress and instantly say "yes, I am the fabulous party hostess!".


A cute shear apron in a bright color will see you through parties all year round. Available here.


Or go with a holiday one to compliment your party or to make a plain dress more festive. Available here.


Fun details such as ribbon trim make an apron special. Available here.


Aprons patterns also abound and are a great beginner sewing project. Available here.


Novelty patterns were super popular. Available here.


Add an applique to any apron pattern to make it more festive. Available here.

1 comment:

  1. I have so few aprons (three in total), which is surprising because I love cooking and do it every day, but I suppose I've been quite pragmatic with my apron buying over the years. Nevertheless, I think that come 2013, I'll try to find another vintage apron or two to add to my collection (perhaps including a darling hostess one like these beautiful examples).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete