Monday, August 27, 2012

It's almost here!

Renaissance Faire season is almost here! I've been working furiously on my costume to make it wearable again.


I've made my sleeves detachable and whipped up a second pair of sleeves from Simplicity 3782 for when I'm in the mood for a more Elizabethan look.


Each sleeve is mounted on a facing and the rings are tied to another set of rings on the shoulder of the dress.


I didn't end up lowering the neckline since I was worried about it opening up a whole new can of fitting worms. But I did retrim the dress.


And I am almost finished with the foresleeves for those chilly days. Plus I have my lower class dress to wear. I really can't decide if I want it to be hot or cold since I want to wear both costumes so much!

My first outing to the Ohio Renaissance Faire will be Monday September 3rd. If you are going to be there that weekend (or another) and would like to meet up, please let me know. I was so bummed that no meet ups worked out last year.

4 comments:

  1. My boyfriend and I might go up on Monday! I'll let you know when I'm positive. :) We're most likely not dressing up, though, because I've barely begun my costume and he needs to get a new shirt for his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that elegant crimson and gold fabric - so timelessly lovely.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish we had events like this in England.

    ReplyDelete