Friday, July 13, 2012

Corset!

I finished my new corset! The pattern I used is Simplicity 2621 in size 14 but I took 1" off the center back.


Yay for a nice columnar shape! I've been wearing it around and it's pretty comfortable. I still haven't figured out how to make this kind of corset with amazing gravity defying properties so I'll have to wear a modern bra. That works out for me anyways since I have to get dressed outside at the Renfest. I definitely can't wear hoops in the car!


This corset is a bit big in the upper back just like my last one. Not sure how to fix this problem....But this one isn't to bad. The sides touch but there's no gaping up there. I doubt I'll keep the purple ribbon for the lacing but that's all I had long enough laying around in my stash and I really wanted to try it on.


Now I just need to have my husband lace me up good one time so I can measure myself with my new corset and get on to fixing the rest of the costume. It's so hard to lace up your own corset!


Here's mine from last year. Very pretty but too big.


Do you keep any pieces that don't fit you anymore?

5 comments:

  1. Yup, I keep quite a bit. Dresses mostly.

    Btw- What program did you use to loose weight?? I've been doing some Weight Watchers, but just curious. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just did low carb-75 carbs or less per day not counting fiber, drinking plenty of water and one cheat day per week when I can eat whatever I want. The only thing you have to watch out for is not to cut out fruits entirely.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic work! You're such a quick sewer, this dress is coming along wonderfully and I'm very eager to see the end result.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. that looks like crazy hard work, beautiful!

    i do keep pieces that don't fit... but they make me sad. i'm thinking of giving them to new homes :)

    ReplyDelete