Thursday, July 19, 2012

C'est fini!

Woohoo! The Promaballoona/Costume College Gala dress is done! I promised myself that I wasn't going to share any pictures of the dress once I got into the fashion fabric stage but I can't help myself!


I didn't end up buying any of the trims I posted....but I re-purposed a sparkly belt instead! It's an inch of sequin and beaded trim and it was almost long enough to go all the way around my hips. So I added a self fabric tie to bring the bow back into the design. Oh, it is so fun to wear that I just want to prance around the house in this gown but I have more stuff to sew for Costume College. The closer it gets, the more ideas I get so it's time to get sewing!

7 comments:

  1. Looks darling!
    I know what you mean- the more ideas I get the closer it gets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sneak peek is TERRIFIC!!! i gotta step it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this finished dress! I bet it is lovely. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one speedy sewer indeed! Awesome work, dear gal, can't wait to see you modeling your gorgeous new creation.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, roll on Promaballoona so we can see! I love the combination of deep blue and sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that color. Lately I've just been madly in love with navy. Normally I cling to my beloved chocolate brown, but wow, that color is stunning!! Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete