Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lady Sybil's Closet: The New Frock

I finally got to go fabric shopping for notions and fabric for more Dressing Downton projects! One is almost ready to go but I'm making a dress for Valentine's day so that will be up in the sewing cue first. So here's Sybil's new frock to tide you over.


New Frock 4


I adore this aqua color!

New Frock 2


And *gasp* it's almost pants! And check out the shoes! Alas my full length picture was not cooperationg.

new frock 3


The bodice has this lovely insert. Complete the look with white gloves, a head band and pearls!

Downton Abbey Costumes


This costume was on display in various places. (Not by me though. :( )

New Frock 1


I just love all of the details on the bodice!

4 comments:

  1. I fell in love with that outfit when I first saw it too but thank you for the detailed pictures of it. It went by too fast to completely enjoy all the details.
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I adore this piece. It's absolutely spectacular. I don't know how they came up with it for Sybil, but it's perfect. So naturally I want to steal it out of her wardrobe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous. If money were no object, I'd have this replicated in perfect detail and wear it to a convention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the pattern and colour combos are lovely...not sure on the 'rouser bit though. Hoping to go see the outfits on display at sewing event soon. Be interesting to see them close uo.

    ReplyDelete