Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Baking: Edna's Bundles

Today was going to be the big knit along reveal but alas, I wasn't careful enough when I blocked it and it got really huge..... So I have to re-block it. :(

I've been doing my holiday baking today and, while I don't usually do cooking posts, this one is a family favorite so I thought I'd share.

Edna's Bundles


1 cup sugar
1/2 cup Crisco
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ginger
2 tablespoons of molasses
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of milk
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 cup of chocolate chips

Cream together sugar and Crisco. Add molasses and egg. Alternate dry ingredients with milk. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake in cupcake pan at 350 F for 15-20 mins.

These are a particular favorite of my dad's so I like to bring some every time we go visit. I'm not sure who Edna was in relation to me other than she's from my dad's side of the family and also has an amazing roll recipe that my stepmother has absolutely mastered. Nom nom nom carbs!

Do you have a favorite holiday/winter treat? Growing up, we'd always make red and green sugar cookies in a really cool press with all of these different shapes you could do. As kids, we'd pour on the sprinkles too. Alas, I don't have that recipe or a press.

No comments:

Post a Comment