Friday, July 8, 2011

A Pendrell a day keeps the doctor away

..... Or maybe that was something else. Anyways, yesterday I whipped up Pendrell #2! Seriously, I love this pattern. I was worried that it wouldn't be flattering on me since I'm used to more fitted garments, but it looks great!


Fabric: ~2 yds of something shiney and slippery ($1.99 /yd)
Pattern: Sewaholic Pendrell view b
Year:
contemporary
Notions
: none! (best part about this pattern!)
Time to complete: 4 hours
First worn: July 2011
Wear again? Yes! I expect this blouse (like Pendrell #1) will get lots of use!
Total Cost: ~ $4

I really do love this blouse! It's so easy and has lots of options. And there are no zippers, no buttons, no snaps! I'd suggest this pattern for beginners or pros who want a quick flattering project. I did do an FBA, which is normal for me. Also, for those curvy gals like me, don't forget that the waist needs to go over your chest! I cut out a waist size that was to my bust measurement without any ease. I can feel where the waist hits my bust as I pull it on, but it doesn't get worn there and I do not need more fabric about the waist.

So far, I've worn Pendrell #1 belted every time, but I think I'm going to try leaving Pendrell #2 unbelted for today and see if I like it. This is a really comfortable pattern. Pendrell #1 got worn in the car on the way to Maine! And I've already got plans for #3 using Casey's Scalloped Collar tutorial.

And I'll get around to photographing Pendrell #1 sometime....

6 comments:

  1. Very cute, and the fabric looks lovely! I try not to sew with slippery fabrics but they look so wonderful... I just bought the Pendrell blouse pattern and can't wait to get it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I didn't realize the pattern doesn't require any notions. Congrats for using such a slippery fabric

    ReplyDelete